How to record call on iPhone without app?
You purchased iPhone. But your wow factor ends as soon as you notice, there is no good way you can record a phone call. Apple says its not legal to record calls in most of the countries and to make iOS ecosystem secure, they haven’t provided call recording feature, neither they allow third-party developers to do that. You might get call recording feature on your jailbroken device but not everyone go for jailbreak.
Call recording apps on App store
There are plenty of apps on iTunes to claim that they record the phone call but either they are not effective or they come up with monthly subscription.
When you receive a phone call, these apps put your phone in conference and they dial into their own servers. Now there are 3 people on the call,
1. You 2. other party 3. app provider.
App provider records the call and make it available to you. Sometimes app charges monthly subscription and sometimes they charge per minute basis.
Can we record calls without an app?
Let’s come to the actual topic. Yes, you can record your iPhone call without paying to these apps. You need some basic set up before you can do that.
IF YOUR CARRIER SUPPORTS VOICEMAIL AND OWN NUMBER CALLING:
- Set up the voicemail with your network carrier. Make sure when you call your own number, it redirects to the voicemail. (Because you are calling your own number, its busy and should be redirected to the voice mail. Some carrier doesn’t allow to call own number. Refer below for this case).
- When you make or receive a phone call on your iPhone, click on + icon and add your own number in the conference. Now there are 3 parties to the conversation. 1. Other party 2. You 3. You, listening in voicemail.
- Voicemail records the call between you and other party which you can download from visual voicemail option from your iPhone.
IF YOUR CARRIER DOESN’T SUPPORT VOICEMAIL AND OWN NUMBER CALLING:
- Now that’s little tricky and needs some set up. You need a dedicated android device, if you can use your old android device, that would be the best. You should have free or cheap calling between your number on your iPhone and android device.
- Make sure your android device is connected to the charger and should be ready to receive a phone call from your iPhone anytime.
- Your android device needs to have automatic call recorder installed. There are plenty of them on play store. Check out here.
- Your android device needs to have a setting or an app that always answer a call from your iPhone number. Check out here
- Now you are ready. When you make or receive a phone call on your iPhone, click on + icon and add your android number in the conference. Now there are three parties to the conversation. 1. Other party 2. You 3. Your android number
- As soon as you add your android number in the conference, an app will automatically answer your call and any call recording app will automatically start recording conversation between you and the other party.
To end the topic, its not easy but certainly you have a way to record important calls on your iPhone now.
Write down your comments below if you more questions.